Pospis Law represents and fights for workers who have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace.
Unlawful employment discrimination is particularly vile, because it strikes at the very heart of one’s ability to earn a living and – by extension – survive/thrive in our increasingly economically competitive society.
Victims of discrimination often suffer financially, emotionally, mentally, and physically. In every case our goal is to seek the maximum compensation for you attainable under the circumstances so you can get your life back on track.
Federal, state, and local (New York City) law prohibit employers from discriminating on the basis of statutory characteristics with respect to a wide range of employment-related activities, including hiring and firing, promotions, demotions, transfers, assignments, layoffs, job advertisement and recruitment, use of company facilities, training, and disability leave and severance.
Unlawful discrimination can occur in various forms, including:
- “Adverse action” because of a legally-protected characteristic;
- A “hostile work environment” (based on a legally-protected characteristic); and/or
- Retaliation for engaging in “protected activity”.
We provide representation in the following areas:
- Hostile Work Environment Claims
- Race/Color Discrimination
- Gender/Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- Domestic Violence Victim Status Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Violations
- Whistleblower Protection
- Military Status Discrimination
- Marital Status Discrimination
- Alienage Discrimination
- Arrest Record Discrimination
- Prior Conviction Discrimination
- Unemployment Status Discrimination
Contact us today for a free phone consultation if you believe your rights have been violated.
Employment Discrimination Resources