Hello, and welcome. I’m Mike Pospis, the the founding member and owner of Pospis Law, PLLC.
I have represented clients in state and federal courts and in agencies (including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the New York City Commission on Human Rights).
My pre-legal working life is diverse. Beginning at about age 11, I have had many different types of jobs in many environments. These include delivering papers, delivering food, waiting tables, stocking shelves, mowing lawns, shoveling snow, surveying property, making photocopies, reviewing/updating marketing materials, and other “office” jobs. This “ground level” experience in, and view of, the American workplace has enabled me to understand, at a human level, what my employment law clients are experiencing. Also, when evaluating technical issues in personal injury cases, I call upon my engineering background.
In addition to being a lawyer, I am also a human being who enjoys (among other things) exploring New York City, traveling, SCUBA/wreck diving, reading, video gaming, hiking, biking, and writing.
- New York State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2002
- B.E., Civil Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 1998
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Pospis Law Blog: Updates and commentary on recent legal developments, primarily in the areas of employment, personal injury, and civil rights law and litigation.
- “The ‘Disclosed But Unclaimed’ Limitation on the Doctrine of Equivalents” (Co-Author) – published in the August/September 2003 New York Intellectual Property Law Association Bulletin.
- Sept. 2, 2016 (Bloomberg-BNA): “Watch Out for Witness Bias in Workplace Investigations” [PDF]
- Radio Advertisement (note – since the airing of this advertisement the firm’s phone number has changed to (212) 227-2100).