As 2016 draws to a close, I’d like to take a brief moment to reflect on the past year.
We have continued to fight on behalf of our clients in employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and personal injury matters. Cases we have handled this year include:
- Sexual harassment ($500,000 settlement)
- Disability discrimination and retaliation ($30,000 settlement)
- Disability discrimination and retaliation ($23,000 settlement)
- Religion-based discrimination and retaliation ($18,500 settlement)
- Pregnancy discrimination, sexual harassment, race/national origin discrimination, retaliation (ongoing);
- Pregnancy discrimination and retaliation (ongoing).
Other cases include representing an African American client in a public accommodation discrimination case against a New York City bar; representing an African American client in a race (unequal pay) discrimination and retaliation case; and representing a client alleging “caregiver status” discrimination under the recently-amended New York City Human Rights Law.
We look forward to continuing to fight for employees’ rights in 2017 and beyond.
(All cases have unique facts and prior results do not suggest or guarantee future outcomes.)
In 2016 we continued our efforts to discuss and comment on important employment law issues. Such efforts include:
- Continuing to write about developments on our Blog;
- Discussing sexual harassment in an interview with Salon; and
- Discussing workplace investigations and the “cat’s paw” theory of liability in a Bloomberg BNA interview.
We will continue to speak and write on issues of importance in the ever-evolving field of employment law.
We are excited about what the future will bring, and look forward to continuing to fight for employee rights.
If you have an issue you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact us for a free phone consultation.
In the meantime, I wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year!